Cherry Blossom Tour Japan Overview
About Cherry Blossom Tour Japan:
Cherry Blossom which is also called Sakura, marks that spring has arrived bringing new life to Japan. Feel the fresh air of sakura blooming in popular spots of Japan during our Japan Cherry Blossom tour 2020 in the upcoming spring. Experience Japan during the most beautiful season, while cherry blossoms float in the background of every destination!
- Welcome to Japan! We will have transportation services to take you to your hotel. Please refer to your tour voucher for more information.
- Rest at the hotel and be ready to start your exciting tour tomorrow.
- From Narita Airport to downtown hotel in Tokyo - about 90 mins(Bus).
- From Haneda Airport to downtown hotel in Tokyo - about 30 mins(Bus).
- Today, we’ll start our morning exploring the Tsukiji Fish Market, former home of the world-famous tuna auction. Browse through the numerous vendors lining the walkways and pick up a couple of mouth-watering snacks made from the freshest ingredients while you are there. The tour then takes you the Shibuya Scramble Crossing, the busiest pedestrian crosswalk in the world. Be a part of the almost 2500 people crossing and pay a visit to the Hachiko Statue.
- After our time in Shibuya, we’ll dive into the centre of Japanese street fashion in Harajuku. Shop through the trendy district while snacking on the famous Harajuku crepes and other kawaii treats from Takeshita Dori. For lunch, enjoy a delicious, authentic Teppan-yaki meal in Akihabara.
- After our wagyu lunch, our tour guide will lead us to the old town district of Asakusa where you can purchase traditional Japanese souvenirs at the Nakamise area. The shopping area is lined with tasty snacks loved by locals and fun trinkets to take home as souvenirs. Be sure to snap a photo with Senso-ji Temple, Tokyo's most popular temple.
- Finishing up souvenir shopping and photos in Asakusa, your tour will venture to the enormous Tokyo SkyTree shopping centre to enjoy Tokyo's iconic landmark. Be sure to stop and sample tasty treats at the world-famous Tokyo Banana or decorative Japanese candy art of Ameshin. We then return to the hotel.
- AM Optional Excursion 1 : [ Yokohama ] * Yokohama Cup Noodles Museum) | Return to the hotel
- PM Optional Excursion 2 : Cherry Blossom Walking Tour) | Return to the hotel
- All Day* Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea (Optional Tour - $90) or Free at your own leisure
- We've cleared up the day for you to enjoy at your leisure, or join one of our popular excursion tours in the morning or afternoon.
- Our morning excursion ventures to the Yokohama Cup Noodles Museum to make our own custom cup noodles.
- In the afternoon, enjoy a complimentary Cherry Blossom Walking tour to see the beautiful Sakura Japanese Flowers.
- Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea are also popular options to spend your leisure-free day in Tokyo.
- Note: Additional fees & costs may apply for Optional Excursions.
- Our Japan Cherry Blossom tour 2020 will start the day by heading to the renown Hakone area. The first stop of the day will be at Mt. Fuji’s 5th Station where you will find breathtaking views of the mountain as well as the surrounding scenery.
- Before we head to our next destination, enjoy a warm bowl of Hoto, a Japanese noodle dish native to the Yamanshi area, for lunch. After your hearty meal, we’ll make our way to Owakudani Valley for a ride on the Hakone Ropeway. The valley itself is an active volcanic crater and is famous for its black boiled egg that is said to add eight years to your life. If weather permits, enjoy a scenic view of Mt. Fuji as your ride the ropeway down the hill.
- We will then check into your ryokan (Japanese style hotel) where the welcoming bath waters of the onsen await you. Your Japan tour would not be complete without a long relaxing soak in the onsen (Japanese hot springs), to rejuvenate you for tomorrow’s adventure. An informal, cotton Kimono or Yukata will be provided for you to wear at the ryokan. Your vacation's ryokan includes a hot-spring onsite to enjoy at your leisure during your night's accommodation.
- This morning, you will speed through central Japan as you ride the bullet train to Kyoto. As the fastest mode of land transportation available, it has become an integral part of life in Japan and is sure to be an exciting experience. After we arrive in Kyoto, the group will stop for a kaiten sushi lunch, a perfect way for travelers to pick and try new flavors. Most kaiten sushi restaurants will also offer other options such as kaarage (Japanese fried chicken) or noodle dishes.
- Our first destination in Kyoto will be a sake museum to learn more about Japan’s national drink. Following this, you will head south to Nara to explore Todaiji Temple and the Deer Park. Todaiji Temple is considered one of the largest wooden buildings in the world and holds the largest Buddha statue in Japan, a truly impressive sight to behold. A short walk over and you will stand among the deer of the Nara Deer Park. Considered divine, they are adored by people all over the world. Just be sure not to get chased by one.
- Our day in Kyoto will start off with a spirited rickshaw ride through the serene Arashiyama Bamboo Forest. Experience what it was like to get around the city back in the day as you enjoy the relaxing scenery.
- Next, the group will make its way to the Golden Pavilion, or Kinkakuji Temple, an absolute must-see attraction where the upper two floors are covered with gold leaf. Another short ride away and you will be at Fushimi Inari Shrine, home of the famed thousand torii gates. Explore the area by either making your way through the torii gates to the Omokaru Stone or watch the local priests performing prayers every so often.
- The rest of the day will be spent taking part in activities that are quintessential to Japanese culture. First up will be a hands-on lesson on the tea ceremony. Learn about the history and meaning behind the ceremony as you watch it being performed before your eyes. We will then end the evening with a kaiseki dinner accompanied by a maiko performance. Maiko are apprentice to Geisha and the meal is a great chance to take photos and learn about Kyoto's traditional culture.
- Route 1 [ Hyogo Prefecture ] Himeji Castle | [ Okayama ] Kurashiki | Check in to the hotel
- Route 2 [ Hyogo Prefecture ] Himeji Castle | [ Shimane Prefecture ] Adachi Museum of Art | Check into hotel
- Our Japan Cherry Blossom tour 2020 will begin by heading to the Himeji prefecture to visit the magnificent Himeji Castle. Designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993, it is considered one of Japan’s three premier castle. Nicknamed the White Heron Castle due to the castle’s brilliant white walls, the castle maintains almost all of its original structures since its construction in the early 1600’s. After overcoming war, natural disasters and going through restorative work, enjoy walking along the castle grounds.
- After spending time in Himeji, your group will make its way to either the well-preserved Kurashiki district or Adachi Museum of Art depending on your tour departure date.
- Dating back to the Edo Period, Kurashiki offers a beautiful streetscape of storehouses and merchant homes. The district is included as an Important Traditional Structures Conservation Area by the Agency for Cultural Affairs. If time permits, we recommend taking a leisurely gondola-style boat ride through the canal area.
- The Adachi Museum of Art in the Shimane perfection houses an art collection including works from illustrious Japanese artists including Yokoyama Taikan, Takeuchi Seiho, Hashimoto Kansetsu, and Sakakibara Shiho. The true gem, however, lies in the museum’s impressive array of Japanese gardens. With 6 gardens to explore, each one provides a distinct feel and atmosphere unique from each other. The impressive gardens have been recognized not only in Japan (Best Garden in Japan since 2003) but also received a three-star rating by the Michelin Green Guide.
- Our Japan Cherry Blossom tour 2020 will start the day with a short boat ride over to Miyajima Island. Here, you will find the iconic floating torii gate of Itsukushima Shrine greeting you as you enter the shrine grounds. The unique sight is due to the natural sequences of the ocean’s tide and is considered on of Japan’s top three most beautiful sights. The island is also known for its Momiji manju and delicious oysters which you can snack on during your visit.
- After our morning in Miyajima, we will head into the city of Hiroshima. Spend the afternoon strolling around the historically important A-Bomb Dome, the only surviving building from the atomic bombing of the city during World War Two. Surrounding the dome is the Peace Memorial Park where you can learn more about the bombing and see famous attractions like Sadako’s statue and the Freedom Bell.
- Your pleasant and memorable Japan Cherry Blossom tour ends today. The tour will disband after breakfast. Fly home with cherished memories or enjoy your extended stay in Japan.
- **INFORMATION** From Hiroshima Station to Hiroshima Airport(HIJ) - about 45 mins (Bus)
- This tour disbands in Hiroshima.
- Embrace the picturesque beauty of Mount Fuji, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Channel your inner shopaholic at Nakamise Shopping Street.
- Visit the Odaiba Seaside Park, on the banks of Tokyo Bay and catch an unparalleled view of the city skyline.
- Experience the thrill to ride adrenaline-rushing roller-coasters at Universal Studio in Osaka.
- Enjoy a cable car ride at Mt. Komagatake, away from the urban chaos of Tokyo.
- Visit Shitennō-Ji Temple in Osaka which belongs to AD 59. It is the 1st Buddist Temple in Japan.
- Spend 2-3 hours at the National Museum of Art which has a large collection of Japanese art.
- Enjoy delectable and unique Japanese Cuisine at a well-known restaurant.
- Interact with the Japanese people to know more about their culture.
- Travel insurance is recommended and their charges will not be included.
- Hotel taxes and Personal expenses (if any) have to be borne by you in Japan.
- Domestic/International flights will not be included in the package.
- Visa charges not included